Be Happy (or yah gatta be kidding)

In the "yah simply got to be kidding me" department. I went out shopping today, and got home about 10 PM. Got a phone call about 10:20 from a state trooper. Do you do house lockouts? Yes. He asked my charge, gave me the location, and I'm out the door.

I got there, and the home owner is there, woman about 50. Holding a 24 pack of beer under her arm, minus many cans. Reaalllly smelling like beer.

The trooper and I went to the front door, and he looked interested "first time I've seen this done". Kwikset 400B on the front door, picked open fairly easily.

When I got the door open she says "I'm used to this." I asked, used to getting locked out? No, used to paying.

She pulled out a hundred dollar bill (I'd told the trooper $60) and told me to be happy. I asked the trooper how he happened on her. Said she really oughta not be driving. He says that's how he found her, driving. He called the judge and the judge "didn't want her", so she got taken home. Where they find out she's locked out, and a couple calls later I'm on the scene.

It was a bit of a drive, and it's snowing. But I need the money. That was a bizarre experience, though.

Christopher A. Young Learn More about Jesus

Stormin Mormonn

Similar story. Cop stops a woman for weaving. He didn't want to be bothered with all the paperwork since there was no accident, so he throws her keys down the sewer to keep her from driving. House key went with the car keys. He calls me figuring that a lockout charge was cheaper than a driving driving ticket and she pays up without complaint.

Reply to
me

The judge "didn't want her"? What state are you in?

Reply to
Putyourspamhere

Arkansas?

Reply to
Aegis

New York.

Reply to
Stormin Mormonn

In NC the judge would want her, and probably the cop if he turned her loose.

Reply to
Putyourspamhere