If you guys were wondering how my date went

It went great, better than i thought..........

She mentioned how the English usually usually thought of her, and i told her what i thought, and after it turned out she said her fave city was Dresden and then of course i mentioned how new it was.

Anway i have found out her grandfather was in Stalangrad as a Luftwaffe pilot and we tal;ked about that, she pushed me about my great granddad (WW1) and i told her about his special jobs he had to do, we discussed it for a while but then we talked about normal things. Her grabdfather was a POW, like my grandfather so i think that broke the ice, or at least how i felt about her.

Guys............we got on like a house on fire, i asked her to textme when she got home safe, she did and said she would like to see me again, she was the first German girl i kissed, i hope to take her out in a couple of days. I mentioned a few days when i first met her that i fixed computers, and in the end i told her i had a realy bad back, she said one of her family did exactly the same so that was no problem. and i said i rescued exotic animals, and i told her i made plastic models, German stuff etc as well as RAF etc. and she was cool.

I told her that i had asked in a NG (this one) for peoples advice and she laughed. I mentioned me grandfathers medals i have and she understood that.

Im taking her to meet my grandfather at the weekend(if she lets me see her again). i told her that even that he was neatly 80 he and my late nan raised me and they told me that young Germans etc were ok. I was biggoted when i was a kid (told her that too) and he never had a problem.

Shes a really nice girl, called Anett. from ZUEExxxx (i forget) from near the Polish border and a tiny town.

Shes 24 and im 34 but she said she liked me for who i was, hell i felt like a teenager again.................

Hope i havent bored you lot with all this!

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

She sounds like a "keeper". Don't blow the opportunity for happiness!!!!

:o)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

All I can say is "I told ya so"...all the best to you both.

Reply to
Rufus

You have found the secret - be who you really are! If there is not any sparks, then do not waste each others time. If you try and come across as someone who you are not, it will bite you in the butt - sooner or later (besides being dishonest). Good for you! "Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales" wrote in message news:jLxSd.108419$ snipped-for-privacy@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...

Reply to
Andrew M

Ain't love grand? COOL!!! (And I figured all the tolerant women were spoken for when I married SWMBO!) Best of luck, Julian-

Reply to
Jim Atkins

No, not at all... but understand we do HATE you! Just kidding... glad it's working out.

So when are you going to tell her you wear women's underwear? ;-)

WmB

Reply to
WmB
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy

Uh, no. It's been refreshing to hear some good news for once. You've been making me feel a little younger (and envious as hell!). Near the Polish border, hmm? :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad Modeller

She might find that interesting too. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Now that would be funny.

BTw i tried to give you a call, around 3am GMT but your fone line was busy. Will try by the weekend.

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales

Julian:

Ah, those German girls!

I just married mein Shatzy after a 5 1/2 year courtship. (I didn't wanna rush into anything that would spoil my 25+ year bachelorhood!) I finally succumbed on Valentine's day and am now a member of the "SKIHF". (Sneaking Kits Into House Fraternity......)

Should things get serious between you and this Fraulein, here are a couple of things to consider:

DO NOT SIT IN ONE PLACE TOO LONG! I guarantee that if you insist on doing this, you will be either vacuumed, polished or dusted within minutes!

Sharpen your language skills when she begins to treat your tastebuds with ethnic dishes. DO NOT tell your friends that she cooked "Fugga-delan" for supper. The proper pronunciation is "Fricka-dehlan".

Expect to share "quality time" with both your pets and the lady. That means DO NOT become upset when she checks your ears, scalp and toenails on a regular basis........

Carefully inspect your surroundings before retiring. German ladies like to rearrange furniture on a whim. Sometimes sofas, chairs and tables find new places while you are sleeping, making that nocturnal stroll to the loo similiar to a military obstacle course.

Finally, repeat this phrase until it is welded into your subconscious: "YES DEAR!" (You'll know you have succeeded when you can utter the words without waking - even at Oh-Dot-Thirty in the middle of your normal sleep cycle.)

Ingrid also lost her father during WW2. He, too, was a Luftwaffe fighter pilot who didn't return from the Eastern Front. She bears a remarkable resemblance to "Rudi Mueller", a 90+ Ace who was assigned to the northern area of operations. Unfortunately there are no family or civil records left to properly identify her paternity......

All kidding aside, I wish you much happiness with your new found lady friend. Just be yourself and let the Fraulein decide whether you are salvageable. If you aren't worth her time or attention she will quickly let you know and if she is drawn to you, she will make every effort and sacrifice to mould you into the person she wanted in the first place. ;-)

Just sign me "Sixty Two" and in love too!

Regards

Rick Fluke

Reply to
Unamodeler

Hey Jules! Good news mate... If you want an appreciation of what her Granddad went through, check out Anthony Beever's "Stalingrad" - a hefty book but a superb read!

If you've not seen "Enemy at the Gate", that's another good 'un for the Stalingrad thing...

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hughes

The German production "Stalingrad" from 1994 or so is an interesting look at it from the German POV. Celluoid fantasy, but interesting none the less.

WmB

Reply to
WmB

that the one by the das boot guy? if so, it is really good at capturing the essence.

That's the trouble when the phone and the computer occupy the same line. :(

Bill Banaszak, MFE

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Waaaaayyyyyy to far for me to go :)

Reply to
AM

bill, go to shareware.com or whichever and grab their phone ringer proggie. flashes a message that you have a call. if it isn't there, google it or ask me to search the echives.