If you guys were wondering how my date went

It went great, better than i thought..........
She mentioned how the English usually usually thought of her, and i told her
what i thought, and after it turned out she said her fave city was Dresden
and then of course i mentioned how new it was.
Anway i have found out her grandfather was in Stalangrad as a Luftwaffe
pilot and we tal;ked about that, she pushed me about my great granddad (WW1)
and i told her about his special jobs he had to do, we discussed it for a
while but then we talked about normal things. Her grabdfather was a POW,
like my grandfather so i think that broke the ice, or at least how i felt
about her.
Guys............we got on like a house on fire, i asked her to textme when
she got home safe, she did and said she would like to see me again, she was
the first German girl i kissed, i hope to take her out in a couple of days.
I mentioned a few days when i first met her that i fixed computers, and in
the end i told her i had a realy bad back, she said one of her family did
exactly the same so that was no problem. and i said i rescued exotic
animals, and i told her i made plastic models, German stuff etc as well as
RAF etc. and she was cool.
I told her that i had asked in a NG (this one) for peoples advice and she
laughed. I mentioned me grandfathers medals i have and she understood that.
Im taking her to meet my grandfather at the weekend(if she lets me see her
again). i told her that even that he was neatly 80 he and my late nan raised
me and they told me that young Germans etc were ok. I was biggoted when i
was a kid (told her that too) and he never had a problem.
Shes a really nice girl, called Anett. from ZUEExxxx (i forget) from near
the Polish border and a tiny town.
Shes 24 and im 34 but she said she liked me for who i was, hell i felt like
a teenager again.................
Hope i havent bored you lot with all this!
Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales
She sounds like a "keeper". Don't blow the opportunity for happiness!!!!
:o)
Reply to
Greg Heilers
All I can say is "I told ya so"...all the best to you both.
Reply to
Rufus
You have found the secret - be who you really are! If there is not any sparks, then do not waste each others time. If you try and come across as someone who you are not, it will bite you in the butt - sooner or later (besides being dishonest). Good for you! "Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales" wrote in message news:jLxSd.108419$ snipped-for-privacy@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk...
Reply to
Andrew M
Ain't love grand? COOL!!! (And I figured all the tolerant women were spoken for when I married SWMBO!) Best of luck, Julian-
Reply to
Jim Atkins
No, not at all... but understand we do HATE you! Just kidding... glad it's working out.
So when are you going to tell her you wear women's underwear? ;-)
WmB
Reply to
WmB
And "Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales" opened up and revealed to the world news:jLxSd.108419$ snipped-for-privacy@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk:
Julian,
Sounds like ya two had a good time. And don't worry that other NG that I mentioned before MIGHT (read more likely then not) flame ya. But here in this group I think that even though some might consider it off topic. I've come to realize that very little is actually "off topic."
Reply to
Digital_Cowboy
Uh, no. It's been refreshing to hear some good news for once. You've been making me feel a little younger (and envious as hell!). Near the Polish border, hmm? :)
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Mad Modeller
She might find that interesting too. ;)
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Mad Modeller
Now that would be funny.
BTw i tried to give you a call, around 3am GMT but your fone line was busy. Will try by the weekend.
Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales
Reply to
Julian 'Penny for the guy' Hales
Julian:
Ah, those German girls!
I just married mein Shatzy after a 5 1/2 year courtship. (I didn't wanna rush into anything that would spoil my 25+ year bachelorhood!) I finally succumbed on Valentine's day and am now a member of the "SKIHF". (Sneaking Kits Into House Fraternity......)
Should things get serious between you and this Fraulein, here are a couple of things to consider:
DO NOT SIT IN ONE PLACE TOO LONG! I guarantee that if you insist on doing this, you will be either vacuumed, polished or dusted within minutes!
Sharpen your language skills when she begins to treat your tastebuds with ethnic dishes. DO NOT tell your friends that she cooked "Fugga-delan" for supper. The proper pronunciation is "Fricka-dehlan".
Expect to share "quality time" with both your pets and the lady. That means DO NOT become upset when she checks your ears, scalp and toenails on a regular basis........
Carefully inspect your surroundings before retiring. German ladies like to rearrange furniture on a whim. Sometimes sofas, chairs and tables find new places while you are sleeping, making that nocturnal stroll to the loo similiar to a military obstacle course.
Finally, repeat this phrase until it is welded into your subconscious: "YES DEAR!" (You'll know you have succeeded when you can utter the words without waking - even at Oh-Dot-Thirty in the middle of your normal sleep cycle.)
Ingrid also lost her father during WW2. He, too, was a Luftwaffe fighter pilot who didn't return from the Eastern Front. She bears a remarkable resemblance to "Rudi Mueller", a 90+ Ace who was assigned to the northern area of operations. Unfortunately there are no family or civil records left to properly identify her paternity......
All kidding aside, I wish you much happiness with your new found lady friend. Just be yourself and let the Fraulein decide whether you are salvageable. If you aren't worth her time or attention she will quickly let you know and if she is drawn to you, she will make every effort and sacrifice to mould you into the person she wanted in the first place. ;-)
Just sign me "Sixty Two" and in love too!
Regards
Rick Fluke
Reply to
Unamodeler
Hey Jules! Good news mate... If you want an appreciation of what her Granddad went through, check out Anthony Beever's "Stalingrad" - a hefty book but a superb read!
If you've not seen "Enemy at the Gate", that's another good 'un for the Stalingrad thing...
Chris
Reply to
Chris Hughes
The German production "Stalingrad" from 1994 or so is an interesting look at it from the German POV. Celluoid fantasy, but interesting none the less.
WmB
Reply to
WmB
that the one by the das boot guy? if so, it is really good at capturing the essence.
That's the trouble when the phone and the computer occupy the same line. :(
Bill Banaszak, MFE
Reply to
Mad Modeller
Waaaaayyyyyy to far for me to go :)
Reply to
AM
bill, go to shareware.com or whichever and grab their phone ringer proggie. flashes a message that you have a call. if it isn't there, google it or ask me to search the echives.