OT New Constitution

Kinda has a ring of optimism:
The New Constitution:
"We, the sensible people of the United States, in an attempt to help
everyone get along, restore some semblance of justice, avoid any more
riots, keep our nation safe, promote positive behavior, and secure the
blessings of debt free liberty to ourselves and our
great-great-great-grandchildren, hereby try one more time to ordain and
establish some common sense guidelines for the terminally whiny,
guilt-ridden, delusional and other so-called liberal bed-wetters. We hold
these truths to be self-evident: that a whole lot of people are confused by
the Bill of Rights and are so dim that they require a 'Bill of No Rights.'
ARTICLE I: You do not have the right to a new car, big screen TV or any
other form of wealth. More power to you if you can legally acquire them,
but no one is guaranteeing anything.
ARTICLE II: You do not have the right to never be offended. This country
is based on freedom, and that means freedom for everyone -- not just you!
You may leave the room, turn the channel, express a different opinion,
etc., but the world is full of idiots, and probably always will be ... and
like the rest of us you need to simply deal with it.
ARTICLE III: You do not have the right to be free from harm. If you stick
a screwdriver in your eye, learn to be more careful; do not expect the
tool manufacturer to make you and all your relatives independently wealthy.
ARTICLE IV: You do not have the right to free food and housing. Americans
are the most charitable people to be found, and will gladly help anyone
in need, but we are quickly growing weary of subsidizing generation after
generation of professional couch potatoes who achieve nothing more than
the creation of another generation of professional couch potatoes.
ARTICLE V: You do not have the right to free health care. That would be
nice, but from the looks of public housing, we're just not interested in
public health care.
ARTICLE VI: You do not have the right to physically harm other people. If
you kidnap, rape, intentionally maim, or kill someone, don't be surprised
if the rest of us want to see you fry in the electric chair.
ARTICLE VII: You do not have the right to the possessions of others. If
you rob, cheat or coerce away the goods or services of other citizens,
don't be surprised if the rest of us get together and lock you away in a
place where you still won't have the right to a big screen color TV, pool
tables, weight rooms or a life of leisure.
ARTICLE VIII: You don't have the right to a job. All of us sure want you
to have a job, and will gladly help you along in hard times, but we
expect you to take advantage of the opportunities of part time jobs,
education and vocational training laid before you to make yourself useful.
ARTICLE IX: You do not have the right to happiness. Being an American
means that you have the right to PURSUE happiness -which by the way, is a
lot easier if you are unencumbered by an overabundance of idiotic laws
created by those of you who were confused by the Bill of Rights.
ARTICLE X: This is an English speaking country. We don't care where you
are from. We welcome you here. English is our language and like the one
you left behind, we also have a culture. Learn it or go back to the country
and the living conditions you were fleeing.
If you agree, share this with a friend. No, you don't have to, and nothing
tragic will befall you if you don't. And if you do, all your wishes won't
come true. I just think it is about time common sense is allowed to
flourish, just call it 'The Age of Reason Revisited.' "
Best Regards
Tom.
Reply to
AZOTIC
Never work. Makes far too much sense and is way too understandable for the government to use it. Thanks for the post. Respectfully, Ron Moore
AZOTIC wrote:
Reply to
Ron Moore
The supreme court of street people interpret article I of the new constitution as meaning that phone, internet access, a car, an apartment, medical care, education, retirement, vacation travel, getting fired insurance, etc., as a necessities of life and not a luxury or display of wealth. Everyone is therefore guaranteed these rights by judicial activism.
There is no legal protection against communism when communists are on the supreme court.
Reply to
Clark Magnuson