OT: Ping Gunner

Now here's a real little skiff for you. Forget those dinky sailboats. http://tinyurl.com/otzjwaz
I think those dainty 180kW gennies could power her nicely with
electric jet propulsion rather than wasting all the diesel on the two 3480hp giants.
That's some big iron.
--
Self-development is a higher duty than self-sacrifice.
-- Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Just don't breathe on it. That'll knock it into the next block.
--
In reality, serendipity accounts for one percent of the blessings
we receive in life, work and love. The other 99 percent is due to

For this kind of money (180k), you can part out this boat and make quite a bit of money.
On 2/2/2015 7:07 PM, Ignoramus11373 wrote:

It has 360KW Electric power generated in two generators - cooking and target Laser I suppose.
On 2/2/2015 10:59 PM, Martin Eastburn wrote:

Sorry - the boat is Electric Drive like a locomotive. 3840hp drives a 180kw electric power plant that drives the screws and the lights...
Instant start and change. from Full out to high speed turn - one forward and the other in reverse. It must have been a fun intercept boat.
I hate to buy it and then take it through the canal, run the pirates and drug runners only to get it to a nice north Texas coastline port. I'd have to have a crew of 4 or so to have any fun.
Wonder what kind of deck guns I could put on it while out at sea ???
Martin

http://www.cannonsuperstore.com/wwtwo.htm
On Tue, 03 Feb 2015 22:41:27 -0600, Martin Eastburn

According to the article, it has diesel-powered gennies in addition to the 3480hp diesels. These are self-contained, not big engine powered. http://www.gizmag.com/lockheed-martin-sea-slice-swathboat/35854/pictures#9 compare w/ the stand-alone genset with its own 6-cyl diesel engine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mFMQ5z0HKY

You bet!

A pair of Ma-Deuces (the old standard, but electronically controlled from the comfy bridge, or course, with IR and radar aiming) at each corner? Plus a nice 300kw laser hiding under the radar antenna. Good to fry the Somali wooden- or rubber-boated raiders (or Revenooers? ;) who got too close.
Or maybe nice little GAU-8 30mm cannons on opposing corners? The Warthogs pilots just love theirs. The cans we'd hide them in (set into the deck) would be marked "ballast", for good measure.
How can we hide the torpedo tubes and missile launchers, though? I'd want at least four-each of those, and...
Yeah, fun boat. <g>
--
Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds
are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her

3480 hp = 2596 KW. the 180 kw gensets aren't for propulsion.
Pete Keillor
On Mon, 02 Feb 2015 19:07:43 -0600, Ignoramus11373

Oh, hell no! Too nice for that. 'Tis a Cool Tool.
I'm sure there will be much higher bids on that thing before it's sold. But, yeah, it would part out nicely.