OT: Question about SCSI disks for Sun gurus

According to Greg Menke :

Of course, but some things (especially things which generate lots of processes) benefit from *any* increase in the number of CPUs. And the attacks were of the kind which generate lots of processes. Someone was flooding the news systems with lots of bogus "newgroup" messages, trying to create a bunch of bogus newsgroups. These were four

35MHz ones, and were still the winners under those conditions.

This is why newsgroup creation is no longer automatic on most systems.

O.K. Interesting. I knew that my 140 MHz one had the fan, and others which I had seen did not. And I read in something like comp.sys.sun.hardware that the ones without the fans were the later machines.

That sounds great. My best is an Exabyte 430 -- Up to 30 tapes, and up to four Mammoth-II drives. Mine has only two drives at present, and I think that should suffice.

[ ... ]

:-)

Yep! But how much speed do you *really* need?

Enjoy, DoN.

P.S. I just recently received something which completes my crimper collection. The final size -- 4/0 -- dies for the hydraulic crimper by AMP. (And a set of 1/0 dies with the P.I.D.G. insulation crimp included. That, at least, is metalworking, with an amazing amount of force needed to crimp that size of terminal. Now I have a set from #8 through #2 for one size crimping head, and a set from 1/0 through 4/0 for the other head. And a choice of a hand pump from Enerpac or a serious electrically-powered pump if I have a lot to do. (Not exactly the same as the crimper for producing your ribbon cable. :-)

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

{x?}Xko?ýlý?¹(v×ëG".z?&EkÜ:IaÅýH??]JTHÊkù×÷ÌPk[v/WÙ3g?RèÎVwñ½T^êUå[zñÁ\ÑÇ|ç%í?M&¾-~²???3zWU>hÛm(yú=? ]?nk??¹t¶Áïvy3ÞöúëÉ/É+Ý*ë?ß}û?ýùHþyzå?¥IÑéÍë×msK?CoBìU¨èòòhMµ¸»k¬3+¢«ÆÐ_^8:~M?ûG?Âjo"?&%V«½}9{döãàSM?B4 *?D??R??#½0±7?U?ûK¥jhc:T23$çS$_S|eb4 ³ÄsµMTPýJuã+²]??ÓP7´¥ üÞûÏ_âj?ø®Óò?JIU[n?á'ùÚÖâæ

Reply to
Greg Menke