OT?-Seeking double volute spring

I've lost the double volute spring which opens the handles of my favorite hand pruning shears. I inherited those shears from my dad years ago, and I think of him and his love of gardening whenever I use them. For sentimental reasons I'd prefer to replace the spring and keep using them until its time to pass them on to the next generation.

The open handle's spacing is 2-1/4" at the spuds the spring ends sit oover. The spuds are 3/16" diameter. The spring compresses to 7/8" closed.

Anybody got a double volute spring around that size kicking around?

If I can't find an "old" one, I'll just buy a new pair of cheap shears with one of those springs in it and canibalize them.

Thanks guys,

Jeff

-- Jeff Wisnia (W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Jeff Wisnia