OT: shop break-ins ---Update

Remember I was broken into 5 times in 2 months? Got to buy a boatload of new stuff!!! Get this...they caught the guy!!! How often does THAT happen??? I will never get any restitution but, My cousin's son processes people entering the prison system and he just might get this guy bunked-up with Bubba. BWAHAHAHA!!!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Being "bunked up with Bubba" ain't what it used to be as a threat. Most modern prisons now have 100% video coverage all the time, so assaults, knifings and particularly forcible rapes have dropped precipitously ..

Bubba would have to be a lifer who just doesn't care ..

GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

The cops cought someone trying to cash one of our company checks grabbed by one of those brazen SOBs who staged a daylight "I must be in the wrong office" job and slipped out with about 50 blank checks from down in a stack of them which was out because we were getting ready to run a payroll.

I didn't find out until a few weeks later when the bank statement came in and I found about 15 cleared checks for totaling about $10K which we never wrote, signed with random names which had no relationship to the account.

Our bank had to eat them all because of their failure to check the signatures, all it cost us was a little time explaining things to the bank's security department.

The part which was pissed me off is that the one guy they cought got a whole two months in the slammer and 10 months of probation.

I keep the blank checks in sight at all times now and lock them up if I have to slip out even for a minute.

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Burst MY bubble will ya...

I would like to dream of some level of discomfort for this guy.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Don't worry, Tom, his life is *already* miserable .. - GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Oh were it only so Grant. Inmate lawsuits have prevented video coverage in areas like showers, cells etc. The areas where groups of inmates are congregated may be under video surveillance but THAT is not where assaults take place.

I worked in a maximum security penitentiary as a guard for ten years. It always amazed me at how much concern was shown for the "rights" of an inmate compared to the concern for their victims. Thank the ACLU for that. Dennis

Reply to
Dennis

Maybe so, but just not on THIS planet.

Reply to
SteveB

On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 06:34:18 -0800, Grant Erwin calmly ranted:

And have faith that there are usually a LOT of lifers who don't care within each penitentiary. They'll find him.

--- Is it time for your medication or mine?

Custom Website Applications

Reply to
Larry Jaques