Looking for reloading gear

I snagged a B&D Workmate this week and now I want to build another
reloading bench for the range. I had one set up nicely and loaned it
out to a friend of a friend. And of course..it disappeared along with
the friend of the friend. Moved right out of town. This was 4 yrs ago
and I miss being able to reload at the range. Zo....its time to build
another one.
If you happen to stumble across an old beater press, standard 7/8 die
size that uses removable shell
holders..Pacific/Herters/RCBS/Lyman/C&H/etc etc etc...turret or just a
regular one...drop me a message. Oh..Id just as soon not swap for a
Lee press. Simply too light duty for my needs.
Ill pay UP to $40 for a beater press, plus actual shipping. That
being said...Cash is dear this days..so Id prefer to trade it for
machining bits and pieces, but can maybe come up with cash. Ill darned
well make sure you get more value in machining Stuff than the
reloading gear is worth.
Also looking for a decent reloading type scale and a usable powder
measure. Ohaus, Lyman, RCBS etc etc
This will be used vitually exclusivly for rifle reloading, so Im not
looking for an old True-line etc etc. Dont have dies for that
beasty...though they are nice for pistol and small rifle cartridges.
So dig around your extras, blow the dust off it and figure out what
you want for your Stuff. I dont care if its rusty or the paint is
gone, as long as it moves and its not distorted. Id even pay for a
cracked press..I can weld..but..it has to be cheap if Im gonna weld
it....cast iron, steel, aluminum..its all good.
Im handy enough to fix stuff.
And no..Im not looking to spend a heap of money setting a portable
reloading bench up. If I was, Id buy the over priced stuff on Ebay.
Thanks!!
Gunner
1. Lie
Gunner
I have a Workmate and it's a perfectly steady workbench. But I'm surprised it's useful for reloading. Somehow I thought they needed something more solid. Stiffening and support gizmos are a common add-on.
I suspect $40, or $80, worth of machinery is not a very big pile. Are used reloading presses really that cheap?
Even simple presses, without dies but with a few accessories, start at almost $200. Are used ones really that big a discount ?
So just where does one look for these bargains besides general requests on usenet ?
Reply to
Winston_Smith
More likey to resell it.
Reply to
terryc
Since you are handy enough to fix things, I would suspect you are handy enough to build a reloading press. There reallly isn't much to one. Better yet do a Gingery and come up with some patterns for aluminum castings and sell kits or complete presses.
Dan
Reply to
dcaster
I could do that simply without any casting. The old C&H "H" press is easy enough to fab up.

While it would be a "fun project", Ive go other things to keep me busy at the moment. But thanks for the suggestion!! Thats certainly not a bad idea about building them for resale!
I could also easily build a copy of the old Hollywood press. Ive got some chromed pump barrel material..which would make quite a good center post.
Gunner, who also has a C&H Autochamp III on the reloading bench
1. Lie 2. Repeat the lie as many times as possible 3. Have as many people repeat the lie as often as possible 4. Eventually, the uninformed believe the lie 5. The lie will then be made into some form oflaw 6. Then everyone must conform to the lie
Reply to
Gunner