OT - Tire tube question

I am looking for inner tubes for

26 x 1200 x 12 tires that have a threaded valve stem.

Does anyone know of a brand or company that provides this?

I know that larger tractor type tubes have these threaded stems but I've never looked for smaller wheels. And I wanted to begin on the web before venturing around to all the tire shops and the blank stares.

Thanks.

Reply to
stone

If it's an inner tube it doesn't have to have a threaded stem.

Reply to
Nick Hull

Gee thanks for taking the time for that response.

For everyone else, I'm looking for a threaded stem tube because I prefer it.

Reply to
stone

The best tire shops to ask at would be ones that sell tires for farm implements etc. On several occasions these places were able to locate for me some obscure tire/tube items that I'm sure are nowhere to be found on the web.

At a regular auto tire shop, you will probably just get blank stares. If it's not in their computer, the probably can't sell it to you.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

Princess Auto used to sell used aircraft tires to farmers. Apparently there was more than enough tread left on them to give good service, and of course they were cheap. Nylon belted radials, IIRC.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Then don't call all the local tire shops - Duh!! ;-)

Unless you live in Flyover Country or call a shop that specializes in farm implements or heavy equipment, you already know that they have never dealt with them and wouldn't have a clue where to look.

Call the regional tire distribution warehouses serving your area, or have your favorite tire dealer call the ones he deals with for you. The warehouses are the most likely to actually have a small selection of inner tubes on the shelf, and will have the right catalogs at hand and know which manufacturers to order them from.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman