OT- UV cured adhesives- user experience around home?

Anyone have any experience using UV cured adhesives on things that need mending around the home? Seems to be that the stuff was first used for bonding glass but I do wonder if UV can penetrate far enough into an opaqued joint to be useful. TIA, Pat
Reply to
patrick
On 12/2/2019 8:33 AM, patrick wrote:> Anyone have any experience using UV cured adhesives on things that need mending around the home? Seems to be that the stuff was first used for bonding glass but I do wonder if UV can penetrate far enough into an opaqued joint to be useful. TIA, Pat
I was not aware of UV cured adhesives, but in tackle making UV cured clear coats are popular with some builders.
Reply to
Bob La Londe
I have used some UV-Cure adhesives and it SEEMS to be the UV starts the cure and after it is "kicked off" the cure continues VERY slowly into the joint. The stuff I have is from Kafuter and I'm not TERRIBLY impressed with it. In documentation it says it is for gluing glass and acrylic to glass, acrylic, metals.
I would NOT recommend it for attaching 2 opaque materials together
Reply to
Clare Snyder