Worse Than Not Having Prices - Misleading and Fraudulent Website IMO

Worse Than Not Having Prices - Misleading and Fraudulent Website IMO
I was looking for a particular drill yesterday day. I found some that
would do on the HTC website. Prices clearly marked. Active shopping cart to buy online.
* Have to register. Ok. Registered. * Have to wait for approval. Ok. Waiting * Got a call this morning. Oh, they won't sell to me. I have to go thru a dealer.
Why in the hell do you bother to have a shopping cart that anybody can use right up until the point where they are ready to check out. As far as I am concerned that's fraudulent, willful, wanton, and deliberate theft of my time.

I tend to blame the pervasive fumbling and bumbling on a lack of the aptitude, experience, time, motivation and perhaps intelligence to properly analyze and understand an assigned problem and develop an adequate solution.
The user account page of one of my internet providers was coded by someone who can't add or subtract correctly and doesn't know the terms of service. I've personally asked a programmer for a device driver that he said would take two months to write, so I did it myself by having LabVIEW generate four lines of assembly code.

Just for giggles I applied for an account. Will see what happens tomorrow.

luckily their website uses no encyption, even for passwords. I wonder how often they lose customers' credit card numbers.

Took less than 2 minutes to get email reply -
Welcome and thank you for registering at HTC Tool-Cutter Manufacturing!
Your account must be approved before you can login. Once approved you can log in by using your email address and password by visiting our website or at the following URL: http://www.htcmfg.com/index.php?route count/login
Upon logging in, you will be able to access other services including reviewing past orders, printing invoices and editing your account information.
Thanks, HTC Tool-Cutter Manufacturing