HF website worse than just unsecure

Geez...the search engine SUCKS. Do a search for 'lathe' from the home page. JR Dweller in the cellar

Reply to
JR North

Looks like nothing really works right now.

Ignoramus32324

The owner's grandson is doing their web page for FREE!!!!!

Paul

Reply to
co_farmer

On Tue, 04 May 2010 07:52:46 -0700, JR North wrote the following:

Well, it's not too awfull bad. It picked up 36 lathe-related items and only 6 bogus ones. Yeah, needs some work. they also don't show the current catalog sale prices online like they used to, and they limit your number of items per page to 32 now.

It's certainly not a step up in programming, that's for sure.

-- All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit. --Thomas Paine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Tue, 4 May 2010 09:06:23 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@coinet.com" wrote the following:

Har! I've heard _that_ one a few times before.

It reminds me of when I started my computer repair business. I'd go out to the house, boot the faulty machine right up with my floppy, and find that some young, gung-ho Marine (we were next to CamPen) had edited and saved the config.sys and autoexec.bat files with...you guessed it: WordPerfect. I'd try to keep from laughing when I saw the telltale autoexec.wp file in the C root dir. Man, that was 20 years ago!

-- All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit. --Thomas Paine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

About that time, I got to fix a 'puter where the idiot had done exactly that with command.com.

David

Reply to
David R.Birch

Same here. That unfortunately..was an all too common mistake.

edlin had its own issues.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch