OT; vacuum hose not metal

My local hardware store has reinforced clear plastic hose in at least 1 and 1-1/4" sizes. I think they sell this mostly for repairs to swimming pool filters. This stuff is similar to the Tygon brand tubing, but has Nylon or something like that fibers braided in the hose to stiffen it. I think you'll have no problem using this for your purpose.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

I need to regularly 'vacuum' out accumulated silt in my spring box, and a vacuum cleaner hose used as a syphon does a good job. Unfortunately, the household vacuum hoses I have been using have not been lasting, they get pinholes in them that severely upsets the syphon flow since the water differential is only about a foot.

Where can I get durable, very flexible hose about 1-1.5" that will not collapse under a small vacuum?

Reply to
Nick Hull

Get thee hence to McMaster Carr and investigate their hose department.

Jim

jim rozen

Reply to
william_b_noble

I looked at that and it is too stiff for my purposes.

Reply to
Nick Hull

Reply to
jerry Wass

Just a box to collect water from a spring, to accumulate enough water to pump it to the house.

Reply to
Nick Hull