Transporting milling machine (UK)

I have to move an Elliot Sturdimill 1250 from Manchester to Baldock (North Herts) shortly; anyone here have experience of moving a similar sized machine? If so, how did you do it? Can anyone recommend a firm who could do this at a sensible price or would be prepared to offer their services? Martin

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

In article , Martin Whybrow writes

There's Parrish's in Shefford:

J Parrish & Son Stanford Bury, Stanford Rd Shefford Bedfordshire SG17 5NS

Tel: 01462 814870

When I checked for my Bridgeport they were an arm and a leg though...

I ended up renting a flatbed Transit. I got the mill loaded by a friendly man with a forklift, and offloaded by a local farmer with a Manitou.

Check over on uk.rec.models.engineering too, there are some very helpful chaps over there who do foray North occasionally.

Good luck!

Reply to
Nigel Eaton