Milling machine handles source?

My Elliot Sturdimill is now almost fully operational, I just need to find some handles for the axis. I've had no luck finding the original parts, so I've made a hub to fit the 4 pin drive on the axis, but now need some handles to fit. I've looked at winch handles, but these are mostly alloy (meant for use at sea) and rather pricey to boot; anyone have any bright ideas for alternatives? I'm looking for handles about 1=" / 250mm long. Martin

Reply to
Martin Whybrow