Transporting a miller(approx 400Kgs) from Devon to North Shropshire.

Have decided that I cannot manage to do it myself , Can anyone recommend a firm with a small lorry with crane that will do it at a reasonable price?
Don

Hi Don I have always found that Palletline are good for this, if you can get the machine loaded onto and then bolted to a pallet by the seller and provided that it is not biger in plan view than the area of the pallet, the price will be miles cheaper than a man with a crane. If it is a little biggger you will have to pay a pallet and a half rate. I have used this method to shift machines about half a dizen times, up to a Colchester Student size. Peter

My other half found this http://www.shiply.com/ while trying to find some one to transport 2 big heavy sofas she wanted to bid on on eBay.
I've not used it, but what you do it sign up and state what you want and potential curriers "bid" on how much they will do the job for. There appears to be no obligation, so its got to be worth trying it out to see what you get.
For what its worth, the best bid we got to get these sofas from Sheffield to Surrey was 85, which seemed ok to me.
AC

One like this you mean.I`ve not long since done a South Devon to Broxburn trip. http://ems-fife.co.uk/iveco.htm
On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 04:40:51 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@ems-fife.co.uk"

Mark:
Could you let me have the details off the other crane behind the headboard, we have one of those but it didn't have any details on of where it was made (believe Italy) and the UK agents (believe a company in Kent)
Thanks,
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk http://www.prepair.eu

Peter,will do it tomorrow but ISTR it`s German.Came out a technical college in Carlisle.Think it lifts 3000kgs and is for sale if anyone is interested. Mark.

Well,it`s looks German until you read the small print.:-)
Weber Hydraulik Uk Ltd Braintree Essex
Made in Italy.
http://www.weber-hydraulik.co.uk/index1.html
Mark.
On Mon, 7 Dec 2009 23:31:54 -0800 (PST), " snipped-for-privacy@ems-fife.co.uk"

That looks like the outfit, many thanks!
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel http://www.stationary-engine.co.uk http://www.oldengine.co.uk