OT- (way off topic) Fuel tank repair

Don't forget to remove the mast and run it parallel with the 12' surf so it coats the tops of the tanks, too. Toobin'!

Do it reeeealy?

-- You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on Earth, or we will sentence them to take the last step into a thousand years of darkness.? -- Ronald Reagan

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Nay sayer!

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Reply: There was an epoxy for fixing gas tanks I used maybe 20 years ago. got it at the autoparts store. A putty type you kneaded to mix.

It's still a patch though, Bill.

100 miles off shore is not the same as pulling over on the side of the road. And a few hundred gallons of fuel in the bilges pretty much ruins dinner.
Reply to
Califbill

Reply:

Was on a 1973 Chevelle wagon. Worked for years. On the boat, when the top of the aluminum tank corroded, cost me $800 delivered from Coast-line in Washington state for a new 65 gallon tank.

.8 boat unit. Cheap for what you got.

Reply to
CaveLamb