OT: What constitutes a "High Crime or Misdemeanor"?

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 04:42:32 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom Gardner" quickly quoth:

The part about their being held in jail without warrant, bail, or notice went PSA on ya, did it, Tom? If your best friend was a suspect and went missing (and the DHS didn't tell the local cops they had him) who do you suppose would be the wiser...for years?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Hee hee. The Internet is hell on politicians, isn't it?

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Software resellers to I'm afraid... LOL

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Well there it is. As Ed Meese would say, the man's obviously guilty.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Jim, Wanna bet that by now Bush is convinced that Al Gore really DID invent the "internets"? LOL

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Depends on who you ask. If you ask a right winger, lying about having extra marital sex is the highest crime imaginable, and nothing Bush does would ever be considered a crime. If you are old enough to remember it like when Nixon was president. There were Republicans that didn't think anything he did was wrong. It's just part of being a right winger, you think nothing anyone in your party does is a crime. The flip side is that they think everything a Democratic president does they disagree with is an impeachable offense.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

impeachable

There was an interesting interview on Nightline tonight. Jonathan Turley, a George Washington Univ. law school professor and one of the top constitutional authorities in the country, said that Bush definitely violated the law, likely violated the Fourth Amendment, and that it is undoubtedly an impeachable offense.

He also said that he doesn't expect Bush to be impeached, given the makeup of Congress.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

A lie is a lie, right? So you right wingers decided that you could never believe Clinton again because you caught him in a lie. Bush has been caught in lies too. So how come you still believe him? I guess to you guys what matters is who it is that's telling the lie, not the fact that they are lying.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

Hey, John, you'll like this (maybe you've already seen it). The news says that Abramoff is wheeling and dealing to get a reduced charge, and he has lots of names and details to offer in exchange.

Fasten your seat belt...

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

You have to accept the fact that people in Bush's administration want powers like they had in Nazi Germany. In other words, the power to do anything they want without anyone telling them no to anything. And they don't want any Constitution to stop them from getting what they want either. Sooner or later these people are going to have to be stopped. The question is how far will the people let it go before they have had enough despotism.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

I think maybe Bill Shatner will have to reprise his role as Denny Crane in real life if Abramoff is true to his word on that. A TV Lawyer with Mad Cow Disease? Yeah, that would be about right :>) You know Abramoff firm was Gates ect ect didn't you? Yes that Gates, Bills daddy.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

It's EZ to tell a truthful politician from one who is lying; if his lips are moving he's lying, if he has BOTH dates on his tombstone he isn't lying anymore.

Reply to
Nick Hull

Look here to see how much money *your* elected officials took.

Al Dykes

That's right. Nixon stepped down because that means he received full benefits for life. If he was impeached, his gravy train went away.

Reply to
Dave Lyon

Your statement may well be true, but I'm confused why you limit it to Bush's administration? OUR GOVERNMENT IS CORRUPT!

It's not a democrat thing, it's not a republican thing. It's a power thing. Why in the world would a rich man want to be president?

Reply to
Dave Lyon

Here's a scorecard of GOP-connected scandals. There are a few Democrats sucked in and it *is* GOP-focused, but I don't know af any similar list of Democrats under investigation. (Check out Ohio and Texas.)

It's hard to be corrupt if you're not in the comtrolling party, and right now the Republicans are in control of the White House, the Senate, and the House.

Democrats had their problems when they were in control, but nothing like we ahve today.

FWIW; as a Democrat, I say put *anyone* in jail that takes money or tries, illegally, to manipulate the vote.

Don't complain about governemnt, help put someone you know to be honest into office in the House of Representatives.

Reply to
Al Dykes

That's the problem. Honest people want nothing to do with our government. And, if they did, they wouldn't be able to get anything done because they wouldn't be involved in all the back scratchin'.

Reply to
Dave Lyon

No, dumbass, lying under oath, and then going on national TV, looking the camera in the eye and lying straight to the world, is what he did.

I haven't seen anyone (except you) say that.

There are none so blind as those who refuse to see.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Can we get a ruling on the "godwin" aspect of this please?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

This is how the business works. You start down low and each layer rats out the one above it.

Ain't life grand....

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen