Outa here for awhile

No significant metal comment.
Will check back after the elections.

Jim Stewart wrote:

Later, Tater!
"Jim Stewart"

I hear ya... Cleaned out my RCM file this morning, just checked again and 137 new ones were posted and only 7 made it through my filters and only one of them was On Topic. ;>)} phil k
I agree, not a lot of metal working. I'm part of the problem, and I ought to do better. My apologies, sorry, Jim.
Vote Republican, the job you save may be your own.
No significant metal comment.
Will check back after the elections.

You could start a splinter group.
Jim Wilkins wrote:

news:alt.rec.crafts.metalworking is almost dead.
"Michael A. Terrell" wrote:

Wouldn't that be a sliver group?

Wouldn't a silver group be on-topic?
--
Doctors prescribe medicine of which they know little,
to cure diseases of which they know less,
"Pete C." wrote:

I would hope so, but some people think that anything that shape is a splinter. :)
Not a metal splinter group? Those hurt.

You could start a splinter group.
On Fri, 5 Oct 2012 18:00:31 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"

That is the woodworking newsgroup. I gave it up years ago - too much yap about crappy tools
snipped-for-privacy@iinet.net.oz wrote:

Poor craftstmen always blame their tools.
02:02:30 -0400 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

    But sometimes, it is the crappy tool. -- pyotr Go not to the Net for answers, for it will tell you Yes and no. And you are a bloody fool, only an ignorant cretin would even ask the question, forty two, 47, the second door, and how many blonde lawyers does it take to change a lightbulb.
pyotr filipivich wrote:

What kind of craftsman owns crappy tools? ;-)
On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 04:30:52 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

Those in need of better tools?

I keep the good tools in the house and bought cheap ones for the vehicles and the shed out back. Many of the shed tools have bright orange handles to make them easier to round up after building something out in the woods.
I took the $5 orange-handled claw hammer to a neighbor's deck-building party where the pro carpenters snickered at it, but soon were borrowing it. I had reground the striking face to the shape and angle I learned from the old Swedish cabinetmaker who taught high-school shop class. jsw
Gunner wrote:

So they can keep doing crappy work? :(
On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 15:57:17 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

No, true craftsmen don't need all those silly, overpriced green- colored tools to create works of art. They can do it with HF tools if that's what's handy. Leave 'em be, will ya, guys?
--
You never hear anyone say, 'Yeah, but it's a dry cold.'
-- Charles A. Budreau
Larry Jaques wrote:

About half my tools are from HF, but I look them over before buying them. I always favored Xcelite for electronics, until 'Cooper Group' bought them.
On Sat, 06 Oct 2012 04:30:52 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"

What craftsman has never made a mistake in purchasing? Ya buys yer tools and ya takes yer chances. The crappy tools become backups once you come to your senses. Or not.
I have a Makita impact driver but my old Ryobi drill motor is the second one I've owned because they work so damned well for so little money.
Ofttimes, the Ryobi will be used to drill pilots and the impact does the work.
OTOH, there are Sears tools and Sears horsepower ratings...