Outta here for a while

So that my acrhived posts would be harder to find.

Ignoramus31652

man regex

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Why? That makes no sense at all.

Wes

Reply to
clutch

Wes sez:> "Why? That makes no sense at all."

Hey, it's from Iggy - making any sense is not a requirement !

Bob Sw>

Reply to
Robert Swinney

That's okay. I'd take Iggy as my choice as a backup in a bar fight any day over some of the weasels in here.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Thanks Steve... the reason why i change the numbers at the end of my userid, is so that my personal history cannot be dredged up.

Ignoramus26000

Damned complicated:

You get enough patterns for a finer search:

But your self-selected nickname is program.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Geez Don,

I thought you had thicker skin than that.

Look this is the USENET, ya open yer mind and people throw garbage in it...

Ya gotta learn to read stuff and laugh at it.. and when the kim-che starts to get hot and deep, just take a big breath and don't answer...

One one hand I'm kinda lucky, every so often work and my wife keep me so busy I don't have time come here..

--.- Dave

Reply to
Dave August

[ ... ]

Have you ever seen any of his IDs with a leading zero? I think that they are the PIDs (Process IDs) from his current login, or perhaps from the current version of his newsreader, and those tend to suppress leading zeros so you only get a shorter number. At least I've never seen any beyond the most positive of a 16-bit signed number in value, which is typical of the unix PIDs.

I gather than Google's searches don't accept REs? Otherwise it could be a lot simpler. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Yes, they are indeed unix PIDs. I have a shell script that makes my .slrnrc file every night. The PIDs are those of the script at time of running (run from cron).

I do not think that they accept REs for user ids, however, they do accept RE's in group names. Nick's example only catches a few followups that truncated my userid.

Ignoramus23720