Outta here for a while

After the TMT fiasco I'm gonna take a break from RCM for a while. I'll
return.
Reply to
Don Foreman
Why?
As soon as we all agreed to start ignoring Too_Many_Trolls, look what happened: he went away.
Reply to
Doug Miller
Have you noticed, only 8 days till OPENER!!! You need all week to get ready, no time for RCM anyway.
For myself, I learned not to assist people that press too many issues. It just don't seem to pay. I lurk often (twice a day), only post when I have time and good knowledge of the query.
Karl
Reply to
Karl Townsend
Oh hell, don't be driven off. I've learned to ignore Cliff the troll, just ignore TMT. BTW, thanks for sending the ball handle on a mill piece.
Wes
Reply to
clutch
What was the fiasco? I lost interest in the series of trolls he was posting and really don't feel like reading them to find out.
Wes
Reply to
clutch
On Fri, 04 May 2007 01:42:02 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Don Foreman quickly quoth:
Aw, Don, don't let a silly little troll run you off!
- Metaphors Be With You -
Reply to
Larry Jaques
The best maxim about USENET that I heard is, ignore what you do not like and enjoy the rest. About a week ago, I simply tuned out of the gun threads.
Ignoramus3938
Was there a gun thread? Did I miss anything important? Will someone give me the 25 words or less analysis?
I guess I just saw something in the topic line I wasn't interested in, and ignored it. Imagine that.
Sometimes, having ADHD, cognitive disorders, and brain damage can be a good thing.
Steve
Reply to
Steve B
There was a gun thread, and you probably did not miss anything important, though I have no way of knowing. I was unlikely to be related to repair or making of guns. Like you, I tuned out after a first day.
Ignoramus3259
Don, don't go away, you are one of the good voices in the wilderness. You contribute signal not noise. Just do what I do and ignore "too much time" on his hands.
Reply to
Bob Miller
I'm not that thin-skinned or easy to get rid of, guys. I'm just gonna turn off the 'puter and focus on other activities for a while. I'll be back.
Reply to
Don Foreman
Isn't it nice to see how people with knowledge and good answers get pissed enough by OT-trolls to leave the group?
Oh, that "freedom of speech" would be such a nice thing if only people would understand that it also involves selfcontrol and respect!
Have a break Don!
Nick
Reply to
Nick Mueller
========================= Sum waz fur em, sum waz agin em.
Lots of smoke and heat -- no light.
Unka' George [George McDuffee] ============ Merchants have no country. The mere spot they stand on does not constitute so strong an attachment as that from which they draw their gains.
F. George McDuffee
Did anyone change their mind on their position? Bet not.
Wes
Reply to
clutch
Don,
You're on of the familiar names I look for when reading posts. Enjoy you break!
Wayne D.
Reply to
Wayne
\ Don't you have a trip lined up soon?
Reply to
Tom Gardner
I kinda figgered. So, I just passed on the thread. Just like the TV news, you can catch it once a month and keep up.
Steve
Reply to
Steve B
While your posts are generally among the good ones, I still have to give you the same advice I'd give anyone who has to announce they are leaving the group - Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
If the group is annoying you, by all means duck out for a while, but don't announce it to the world looking for people to entice you back, that's egotistical.
Pete C.
Reply to
Pete C.
I missed the whole deal. That fool got plonked at least a couple years ago.
I'm slightly more regretful about plonking Nick after he decided to play OT polizei. At least he occasionally made a positive contribution. His signal/noise ratio just went too low.
Pete Keillor
Reply to
Pete Keillor
Why do you think that was his intent? I didn't read it that way. It was just a simple announcement. As a *long time* regular and respected contributor, Don would be missed and wondered about had he not announced his leave.
Bob
Reply to
Bob Engelhardt