Outta here for a while

Ya, some rose-colored-glasses-wearing troll wants to pretend that vulnerability is the best defense.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Maybe he's got that boat all shined up and the rod/reel ready??? Ken.

Reply to
Ken Sterling

"Dave Hinz" wrote

Funny how some think that laying down and relaxing is the thing to do in a tight situation...............

Reply to
Steve B

Depends on the situation ;)

Reply to
Dave Hinz

On Fri, 04 May 2007 11:34:40 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Don Foreman quickly quoth:

Bueno, Bwana. I'm doing that with TV at the end of this prepaid month. I've already built a mahogany BBQ stand for my leetle metal jobber with the propane tank on a leash.

- Metaphors Be With You -

Reply to
Larry Jaques

No, its the group's signal/noise ration being low. 63% OT.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Now THAT's funny.....

Here's a guy who is flat-out TELLI NG you that you are in his killfile, yet you respond to him as if the message would, somehow, get through.

Please notice that I have NOT brought your message forward, so he can't blame me for overriding his killfile.

63 percent, eh?

Wish I had so much free time on my hands to participate in such frivolous exercises.......

Reply to
*

He is telling me that I'm in his killfile? Where did you read that?

Right.

5 minutes. Much less than others spend for typing along their OT-crap.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

It is!! Just ask Bobby Knight...

Reply to
Doug Miller

Are you a Hoosier or a Texan? Randy

Reply to
Randy Replogle

You could squeeze it in between the intervals of * and * .

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

A Hoosier.

Specifically, a Hoosier who is really, really glad that Bobby Knight is no longer in Indiana, but thinks that Texas still isn't quite far enough away.

Reply to
Doug Miller

I'm glad Bobby is gone too but then I work at Purdue. :) Randy

Reply to
Randy Replogle

I do this all the time. I go traveling, or go to my mountain cabin where there is no Internet, or go fishing or camping or hunting.

Internet is like nightly news. You can catch it once a month, and it's just like tuning in the next day. Same old shit.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

We threw th' idiot box in th' trash over 6 years ago and do *not* miss that abomination one iota. My wife had a harder time adapting than I, however there's no way now that she'd let one back in th' house.

I'll guarantee ya your IQ will thank you. Not only that, but you'll have all that new spare time to make chips... or hang up th' "Gone Fishin" sign .

Snarl

Reply to
snarl

He wrote:

"I'm slightly more regretful about plonking Nick after he decided to play OT polizei. "

Reply to
*

Yea, you are right, sorry. But not naming "him" and not quoting anything didn't make it easier.

Anyhow, its worth understanding the mechanics behind filtering someone: Peter filtered me, because I complained about OT-posts, not because I'm posting OT. Not very logical, but his decision. Now what happens? I'm still giving answers (when I know the answer) to his question. That doesn't help him, 'cause he won't read me, but it helps others interested in metalworking (hinthint: charter). So he is only hurting himself not me. Especially considering that I rarely ask questions here that he might be able to answer. Also, *I* can read what he is answering to others that have a problem I find interesting to think about.

So, filtering first of all hurts himself, disregarding the cases of Cliff or similar nobrainers who almost never answer or ask something usefull.

One more thing worth thinking about: With all the OT in this group, you don't attract knowledgeable people, so you are reducing your chances finding help (if you should be interested in that).

So do yourself a favor and stop posting OT, you'll be the first to feel the pain.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

I plonked Nick a while ago and do not think that I missed anything worthwhile.

Ignoramus31652

Nick Who?

Steve ;-)

Reply to
Steve B

Why do you periodically change the last few digits of your "posting" address?

Wes

Reply to
clutch