Painting SS

I would appreciate any suggestions on how to successfully paint some SS sheet. The material is 304 that has been grained both sides. I need one side only painted and the final finish will be a latex enamel. Any suggestions as to a good primer as I can't powder blast these panels.

TIA

Reply to
Ed Angell

Find a local automotive paint supplier.

See if they have something called "Water-Born Barrier Coat" That is what PPG calls it.

It is a water based primer used to paint over existing car finishes. The stuff is simply amazing in how tenacious it is.

It can be used over any plastics, styrofoam, wood, metal, stone, whatever.

Spray a layer of it on and then use any kind of paint you like.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

If it is a expensive job call up Trimite in the UK. They sell a Stainless Steel etching primer and paint made for nothing but Stainless Steel. They sell it buy the liter and shipping can be very expensive. Last time we checked the US division did not offer this paint. We had the customer pay for paint and shipping of it. It was going a oil drilling ship so it had to be good and pretty because it was inside the drilling cabin.

Glenn Houst>I would appreciate any suggestions on how to successfully paint some SS

Reply to
m5bmw

You will need a 2 day fast, time in the sweat lodge and much prayer.

Maybe the gods will answer and it will stick..or they and it..wont.

Gunner

"The importance of morality is that people behave themselves even if nobody's watching. There are not enough cops and laws to replace personal morality as a means to produce a civilized society. Indeed, the police and criminal justice system are the last desperate line of defense for a civilized society. Unfortunately, too many of us see police, laws and the criminal justice system as society's first line of defense." --Walter Williams

Reply to
Gunner

Lots of knowlegable folk here. Many don't bother to reply to those that post HTML to usenet. beside that, your post comes in with little bitty letters as a result.

Scuff it, prime it, paint it.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones