Philips Wood screws

Better drivers, Philips or straight, are hollow ground to prevent camout. You'll never see a wedge-ground straight tip for a power driver. Worn wedge-ground drivers can be hollow ground for the same benefit.

Trivia -- the Philips in Sony-Philips, who invented the CD, is the same company that invented both the Philips driver and the compact audio cassette.

Reply to
Father Haskell

Den 28-05-2011 23:24, Father Haskell skrev:

That is not true. Here you have the true story of the name:

Uffe Bærentse

Really?

krw

Interesting. And, the wiki gives the other patent number.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

Thanks for the clarification.

Reply to
Father Haskell

FWIW, Phillips also developed Pozidrive and several other screw heads. They have a web site at .

Also, the big Dutch electronics company spells it with one "l", the screw manufacturer with two.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Probably a trademark issue, and the Dutch outfit was always Philips.

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

Not necessarily the answer you're looking for but: Stainless socket heads stick nicely on the driver and they look good. I make a point of their display:

routerman

I was kind of surprised to find that Terrance's pal Phillip has two "L"s.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I think it's a matter of being founded by Gerard Philips vs Henry Phillips.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Beautiful!

Reply to