Photo anodized nameplates

I forget how they make those photo-anodized nameplates. These are the ones on aluminum, where the background ends up black anodize and the writing is in aluminum.

I can see two ways- wonder which is actually used. Do they mask off the writing, and then anodize the rest? Or do they anodize and dye the whole thing first, and then etch away the writing area?

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minneapolis

and black colors. They would then apply photoresist to add the nomenclature and etch back to give a white letter with the colored background.

Ed Angell

Reply to
Ed Angell

Reply to