Photographing your projects

Since buying my Canon Powershot G2 in 2003, I haven't used my 35mm SLRs/lenses since. I never wanted to grab my ankles for the Canon wide/macro lens set. Just found these on Ebay: A lens adapter that screws on the lens mount after the trim ring is removed:

high quality

A +1+2+4+macro(+10) lens set:

I have excellent macro capability with my G2- for under $50. JR Dweller in the cellar

-

-------------------------------------------------------------- Home Page:

If you're not the lead dog, the view never changes Doubt yourself, and the real world will eat you alive The world doesn't revolve around you, it revolves around me No skeletons in the closet; just decomposing corpses

-------------------------------------------------------------- Dependence is Vulnerability:

-------------------------------------------------------------- "Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal" "I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.."

Reply to
JR North

Very high quality

Now I have excellent macro capability with my G2- for under $50.

I like my Sony DSC H1, and would like to buy the new model, as it has 20x optical instead of 12x. Macro has minimum distance of 13/16" focus. Just posted some closeups on flickr, too. Used to use it for ebay for some fine items, and it works great. New technology is something else. I haven't used my Canon AE-1 in six or seven years. They are great for archiving, and posting to the group through flickr and the like.

Some shots I just took to show how to flame cut thin metal:

I would like to try some through the helmet photography of actual welding puddles, and see how that does. Would take some setup, tho. Maybe even some movies, as I have a HD TV camera, but I'm afraid a wild dingleberry would fall in just the right crevice and POOF! Might try the stills, tho, and wrap the camera in foil.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

> Very high quality

> Now I have excellent macro capability with my G2- for under $50.

I can zoom in on a spider with my Olympus Evolt. A macro adapter is on the wish list though!

Steve R.

Reply to
Steve R.