PHOTOS of my Franceformer and the sparks

No but they laughed their little heads off at the word and seeing the funny man fly :)

We usually guessed at the old standard of 10000 v per inch. However, I've since heard that even though this used to be common, it barely even qualifies as a wild-ass guess. Every muscle in my body hurt like hell for about 5 days after due to the sudden contraction. The spark actually curled down the outside of a flourescent tube, into my right thumb, and out through the controller switch I had in my left hand: Yea, straight across the important little chest muscle :)

Koz

Reply to
Koz

My youngest brother is ten years younger than me. I have two other brothers one two years older and the other two years younger. When my youngest brother was still of stroller age my mom was pushing him through the store. An old lady comes up and comments on how cute my brother is or something. He says: "FU** YOU!". My mom came home and was madder than hell. I have never heard her cuss, so when she said: "HE DIDN'T LEARN IT FROM ME!" she was telling the truth. My other brothers and I were in lots of trouble but we all had a terrible time not laughing while being yelled at. We still laugh about it over 30 years later. ERS

Reply to
Eric R Snow

Yep. The reason being that multiple streamers are occuring in succession and following the previous spark at hundreds of times per second. One streamer ionizes the air making it easier for the next streamer to follow, until you have the big long streamer (all of this in a fraction of a second). This can be demonstrated by running a TC in single shot mode and noticing the significantly decreased length in output.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Danniken

Only need one - use a trippler power supply -

Martin H. Eastburn