Pics of 1902 Mill in Dropbox

Hello, I hope everyone enjoyed the pics of the Calusing with dro. Perhaps someone can identify this old horizontal mill I have. No nameplate but there is a patent impression that says November of 1902. Enclosed are some pics of it. I have taken it apart many times to marvel at the bits of engineuity that was used to make this mill. The screws are 8 tpi square thread. The dials are marked off so that one division is .0025 and the numbers look to be very neatly hand stamped. The screws also appear to be made from a forgeing or a fully spheroidized steel. Gibs are cast iron. Ball and crank handles are cast and machined. Any keys on the machine are retained with two small pins. Neat idea. The machine spindle had a ...some 64th size... round, non- tapered bore to fit a cutter. I made an adapter to use 1" standard cutter saws. It is retained with a 3/8" drawbar and a set screw. I found a huge forged wing nut for the drawbar. It looks quite "of the period", I think. The vise with the mill is very tight, of dovetail construction, and has a brass ballcrank handle. I have also seen other old machines with brass handles. Was this commom at one time? The toyota timing belt is of corse not "period", but it will make an excelent drive belt. (not made a motor drive yet, want to use a lawn tractor tranny.) You see the index wheel and the chuck. For making gears perhaps?? The index wheel and chuck can angle as a unit. Also the entire X slideway you can angle. I think this might be useful for making bevel gears? The Y screw and crank are removed at the time picture taking, it is alongside the mill on the table. It makes the whole cutter and elevating dovetail move in/out. And of corse the Z screw moves the cutter and pulley up/dn. Thinking about making the drive, pulley moves up/dn and also in/out. Considering a drive pulley on a spline shaft to deal with in/out and having the whole drive unit counterweighted on a hinge to deal with up/dn. Any thoughts on this appreciated. If anyone knows what make or even what type of mill this is called, please e-mail me at snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net Thanks-- Doozer in Buffalo

doozer75