Ping Ed: Inneresting demographics/map tool

Punch in a zipcode and radius, and you get the population in that radius!!

For a svc. oriented bidness, can be a good clue as to where to centralize a location.

From fuknYonkers, a 50 mi radius yields 19,000,000 assholes; a 100 mi radius yields 29,000,000 assholes..... wow....

Now, avg income would certainly help, but general knowledge of areas might suffice as well. Like, for me'n'my fitness/rehab gadgets, I could pretty much remove Camden, NJ for field installations..... LOL

The US census site sposedly has a similar thing, and they tell you all about it, except how to load the effing program. Sposedly you can create profiles'n'shit.

Kidding would proly know, cuz he's good at jumping thru hoops, swinging from dicks....

Sumpn others might find inneresting, mebbe others have other tips/tricks.

Reply to
Existential Angst

I get 18,500,000 -- which includes most of your assholes.

That's very interesting. It breaks NJ townships up into pieces, maybe as it sweeps around in a circle, because I'm in a borough that's in the middle of a township (Edison).

Anyway, thanks for the link. I'm going to play with it a bit.

a 100 mi radius

That one I know. The government has really upped it game on the web.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

In a 25 mile radius of my "new" zip , we have just under 38K souls and

1600 businesses ... we live in the sticks . I like it that way . And yet we have an industrial supply in town that can get just about anything you can imagine for the shop . Plus at least 2 decent steel supply places , there is a semi-major regional ironworks here that makes high end consumer goods .
Reply to
Snag

Where you at?

Reply to
Existential Angst

I get 2.6 million in 25 miles!

Total number of businesses in radius = 124,068

That's WAY too many people. And no where near enough businesses.

Reply to
Richard

zip 93268

Total population in radius = 131,841 Total number of businesses in radius = 2,183

And I do live in the sticks

93268 Taft CA Kern 16,897 489
Reply to
Gunner Asch

Gunner Asch on Tue, 18 Jun 2013 22:35:55 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

If you lived any further out, you'd have to have acreage. (taint there a rule about owning more property being a requirement to not living in town?)

pyotr filipivich

Stone County in north central Arkansas . A hotbed of Hillbilly Blacksmithing and a host of light industries . Stone County Ironworks , got an aluminum boat factory , wood pellet plant , and a bunch of tourist stuff - it's a "destination" .

Reply to
Snag

Heh , to get to our place ya gotta turn off the paved road onto the Big Dirt Road , then onto the Little Dirt Road ... Our place is 12 wooded acres , year-round creek , and down in The Holler . Neighbors are pretty much all redneck hillbillies . We're so far out in the weeds we had to get a landline because there's no cell coverage at our place .

Reply to
Snag

First of all, Landview 6, the new one, is for sale only, and you have to order a DVD. Secondly, it will only run on 32-bit computers.

I saw Landview 5 some years ago, and it was fun and interesting. It's no longer available. d8-(

However, there are lots of other toys to play with, including interactive maps, on the Census Bureau website:

Ed Huntress

How many chickens?

I do, too. I've lived in the sticks, and in dense metro areas, and I like both, for different reasons, of course.

'Sounds like you have what you need -- and plenty of open space.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Snerk. Friend of mine live near Scott's Valley. Directions were "take the driveway to the right, and the first turnoff, which is a dirt road." Down and around, and there was the travel trailer they rented. In the trees. With regular reports of deer & 'coons and the occasional mountain lion. Rednecks, if there is a patch of "middle of nowhere" nearby, they'll find it. High Tech Rednecks especially.

pyotr filipivich

HighTech Rednecks are dangerous.... sorta like a SimpletonPlimpleton, with

10 working brain cells.
Reply to
Existential Angst

Actually High Tech Rednecks are very smart people. And have largely invented Americas technology. Who else would invent computers in a garage, or develop airplanes on cocktail napkins in a bar?

Think Henry Ford was stupid? Yet he developed the Model T..which lead to an incredible group of secondary industries...rum running, back seat population increases, etc etc And old Henry was indeed a Redneck

Examples of other genius

Think a redneck would stand there all day lifting a heavy weight and then dropping it down a hole..over and over again?

Shit who but a redneck could have invented this?

Sheetfire..."Roughneck" is simply a lable to show that its a redneck that got him a hardhat.

Read this guys bio...tell me he werent no redneck!

Taint hardly find no Far Leftwing Extremists in anyplace other than a soup line or a government orifice. Rednecks made America and rule it today. The guy you see in that $3000 suit would be just as happy to be wearing bib overalls and drinking shine from a mason jar.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

This is Dean Kamen in his business suit:

Jim Wilkins

Gunner Asch on Wed, 19 Jun 2013 13:20:59 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Damn scary smart, some times.

Or, or or ... it was a sailor, not an officer, who came up with the idea - and parts - to drain the fueling lines on US aircraft carriers (during WW2) and fill them with carbon dioxide. Prevented a lot of fires from battle damage post Coral Sea.

In his back yard shop (they didn't have garages in them days.)

And my main grip is that what most people (baring Foxworthy) call "a redneck" is considered more of a "good ol' boy" back in the South. Back there, redneck taint a good thing. Better than some other classifications, but not a good thing. Good ol' boys - they're like rednecks, only they mean no harm. (Example of the difference, when a good ol' boy finishs his beer, he tosses it into the truck. The redneck tosses it out.) But when they're setting ont he porch sipping shine from mason jars, thems are Steuben cutglass "Mason Jars." B-)

pyotr filipivich

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

They did, but they called them 'Carriage Houses'. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Michael A. Terrell" on Thu, 20 Jun 2013

07:25:13 -0400 typed >> In his back yard shop (they didn't have garages in them days.) >

Yeah "Houses" B-)

I went and looked it up "garage" is from the French. Quell Weird.

pyotr filipivich

That's why I call mine a 'Shop'. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell