Ping: Steamboat Ed

Ed,

I looked a bit through your online stuff. At one time didn't you rig up a Sotz barrel stove with a thermostat and hook it to your computer? For your workshop?

Reply to
Sano

Sano wrote in news:Xns9FEACC092C7A5poopy@216.168.3.70:

Nope, here it is

Sano

--Yes it is not me! :-)

Reply to
steamer

--What I did was instrument a vaporizing burner with thermocouples that gave me an indication of internal working temps. Then with the help of a scientist pal we heated some kerosene and I plotted volume vs temperature on paper (maybe 15 yrs ago). I wrote an article for SMEE Journal about where soot comes from and what to do about it.

Reply to
steamer

steamer wrote in news:4f2830ef$0$78836$ snipped-for-privacy@news.sonic.net:

I was pretty sure I saw it first through _here_. But google did the job.

In any event the Sotz is rather troublefree on it's own.

Reply to
Sano