Ping Gunner: High speed spindle

Keep a lookout for a spindle that will do 10krpm. I need to spin a 1/32" x 6" cut-off disk to trim endbrushes. My home-made one has 2
Barden Super Precision bearing in it but it's not perfect and is a bit noisy...just a bit, but I want it quiet! I had a Deihl spindle but can't find it for a year now.
Add pictures here
✖

How accurate does it have to be? What kind of duty cycle and life between services? How about necessary horse power?
I use a Bosch Colt Router ($100 apx) to do stuff like this.
http://img171.imageshack.us/i/4cavityflippinggrub.jpg/
Precise Bits (Think and Tinker) has precision 1/4 and 1/8 collets for it, but a bushing should be adequate for whacking brushes and other things. All I have to do if I don't crash them is replace brushes every couple hundred hours. I tend to run it from 24K to 30K, but if I recall the low end is around 8K.
Here it is in action with my home made mount. (I have two machines setup with them.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
X4JqvB7aY
Add pictures here
✖

Far too loud, but thanks.
Add pictures here
✖

That's 30,000 RPM cutting fairly aggressively in aluminum. .07 per pass if I recall. I admit the motor is most of the noise though. Still, dial it back and the noise drops dramatically. Since I use it as a CNC spindle in an enclosure, and usually just watch it from the office on camera the noise is not an issue for me. Even so, step back five feet and you can easily hold a conversation.
Add pictures here
✖
Tom Gardner wrote:

I blame your shop cats. They pawned it for catnip money.
--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.

The two-legged ones?
Add pictures here
✖
Tom Gardner wrote:

Don't tell me that you let the cats play with power tools!
--
You can't fix stupid. You can't even put a Band-Aid™ on it, because it's
Teflon coated.
✖
On 5/1/2011 11:59 PM, Tom Gardner wrote:

Alternatively and with a lot more precision a Taig spindle is capable of 10,000 RPM and you can use any motor you want. Their mills typically come with a 1/4HP brushless motor that is very quiet and should last indefinitely with very minimal maintenance. A2ZCNC sells the Taig ER 16 spindles independently.
Of course there are all those high speed water cooled spindles from China available on Ebay. I believe that Keling Inc has started stocking a few upto 2.2Kw here in the US.
Add pictures here
✖