PING Iggy

great price , but there's no manual . This is #38946 , probably meant for one of their mills - I'll have to make a couple of alterations to adapt it to my lead screw and make a dial/cover for it . Got a manual for this one ? I think it's an older model , the gears are both metal . I think I have an idea how it mounts and works , but it'd be nice to have some documentation . I have looked some , haven't found anything related to this model .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

It's a central machinery power feed.

This fellow has the PDF manual at the bottom of his webpage.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
Howard Beel

Thank you !

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Let me double up on the thanks , that page has saved me many hours of head-scratchin' and bumbled attempts . I was afraid there were pieces missing at first , now I know that I might have to make a piece or two , probably a dial to fit . This is going on RF45 clone and I'll also probably have to make some adapters .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

The model shop I ran inherited an Enco 100-5100 version of the 6x24 knee mill he mentioned and I was mostly impressed with it as suitable for a home shop with limited space. It's a modern version of my old Clausing, with an R8 spindle.

It's main negatives were the 8TPI table feed screws and small parts that had been cast to wood stove tolerance. I could improve their fit with a file.

The main parts were well finished and moved smoothly. I didn't check for squareness.

I prefer a smaller Clausing-sized knee mill to a Bridgeport for working to scribed lines and punch marks because I can get close enough to see and still reach all the cranks. The lack of a DRO isn't that serious for one-off parts dimensioned with pencil sketches, or copied from the broken original with transfer punches. A ruler graduated to 0.1" easily locates the spindle position if you lose the turns count.

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

I personally do not have a manual for it, sorry

Reply to
Ignoramus1241

I've already started machining on a piece of 316 SS for the shaft extension ... got most of the pieces figured out , except an arrangement to disengage the drive for manual milling .

Reply to
Terry Coombs

On 8/4/2018 7:31 PM, Terry Coombs wrote: > I picked up a Central Machinery power feed today at a yard sale for a great price , but there's no manual . This is #38946 , probably meant for one of their mills - I'll have to make a couple of alterations to adapt it to my lead screw and make a dial/cover for it . Got a manual for this one ? I think it's an older model , the gears are both metal . I think I have an idea how it mounts and works , but it'd be nice to have some documentation . I have looked some , haven't found anything related to this model . >

There is a format for finding manuals on the Harbor Freight manual server.

They are grouped by thousand block as above, and then the manual is the

item#.pdf ie: xxxxx.pdf

I already checked. The link takes you to a power feed manual.

Reply to
Bob La Londe