Pipe track rollers

I think they are called. I'm cobbling something together that needs to follow a vertical track and I figured a pipe with those concave rubber/nylon/whatever wheels would do the trick.

So I need a vendor with a good online catalog so I can select a standard size and load bearing capacity. Anyone have a name and/or link?

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Widely used in the film industry.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Try uline.com. They have a LOT of material handling related items.

Steve

Heart surgery pending? Read up and prepare. Learn how to care for a friend.

Steve B

Is this close to what you are looking for?

technomaNge

Reply to
technomaNge

V grove wheels / bearings are more popular for reasonably accurate linear motion. Pipe type are more for film/video dollies.

Reply to
Pete C.

Plastic rollers:

Steel:
Osborne is another mfr of steel track rollers, but I've had good luck with PCI.

Capacity of the steel rollers is usually limited by the hardness of the track.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Just remembered these.

It'd be easier to steer you with an estimate of the loads involved.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Have you considered cam followers?

You can use square tubing or C channel for the track.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Laterally (the pipe is vertical) about 50-75 lbs.

Plastic, rubber or nylon would be preferable from a noise point of view. But if its gotta be steel, steel will do.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

This isn't a precision application. Film dolly accuracy will do.

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Close. But at $90 bucks a pop, pretty expensive. I'll be fabricating my own mounting brackets (probably the axles too) so most of these I'll end up throwing away. But the wheels look nice. Maybe a bit big (1" O.D. pipe will probably do).

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

They're also more common and likely cheaper. Commonly used for sliding gates running on angle iron tracks.

Reply to
Pete C.