I highly recommend this shop crane

I highly recommend this shop crane:

Amazon:
It is so much better than my old trusty Harbor Freight crane, it is amazing.

  1. Can lift 6,000 lbs to a great height, over 11 feet.
  2. Electric hydraulic, two speed pump
  3. The rear wheel swivels, as opposed to the front wheels, meaning easier and safer to maneuver.
  4. What this crane needs, for sure, is a large, and very flat, floor.

I have been moving stuff around the building, with it, it moves 1,000 lbs things like nothing.

Ignoramus28169

True, this is what I did with my HF crane. I did not, of course, buy that crane for $10k, I would not be able to afford that. But what I am saying is that if you do come across something like that, snag it right away, if you have the room and a flat floor.

Ignoramus15921

I modified my old Spreuer crane like this to run on dirt:

The 8" rubber-tired steel wheels on the hook end were surplus so I don't know their load capacity. They survived hauling an 1100 Lb boulder a few hundred feet back into the woods. Their axles are on extension straps that let them swing back under the frame to roll on dirt, or forward beyond the frame to let the original steel rollers run on pavement, at full capacity.

For an HF type crane I'd replace the casters with fixed axles as I did with the platform stacker:

Those were fabricated from stainless pipe, with home-made needle bearings made from stainless welding rod.
gap clears a rib under the platform.

jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins