plasma cutter

i'm thinking about purchasing a plasma cutter .has any one purchased one of the inexpensive units made in china and what is their opinion ?

Reply to
aging lee

We have one of these 40/150/160 units.

We haven't used the plasma function much yet, but it cuts through 1/2" rebar at 25 amps, albeit a bit slowly. If there's a next time on rebar, I'll bump it to 30. Stick and TIG work fine too.

If we were trying to make a living at weldoring, I'd probably get something highor ended. For weekend stuff this has been working great though.

Reply to
Steve Ackman

If it broke, who/how to fix it?

I considered import, then plunked for Hypertherm. No real reason to go with HT over Thermal Dynamics, it's just what showed up in my neck of the woods. Hypertherm machines are very well supported.

GWE

Steve Ackman wrote:

Reply to
Grant Erwin

Actually there are reasons to go with Hypertherm like longer consumable life than their competitors with the G3 torches.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.