plastic molding?

HTML is *not* an attachment. HTML may reference an attachment or an external site, but HTML *is* plain text.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

An HTML copy of the text in the article is a separate mime attachment. It may be plain text, but newsreaders need a way to distinguish between the HTML and the plain text. My current newsreader suppresses display of the HTML copy, focusing on the plain text.

And "vcards" (Microsoft's re-invention of the .sig block) tend to have such mime wrappers.

Now -- it is *possible* to put a chunk of HTML in the middle of an article in plan text without such a wrapper. In an HTML capable newsreader, it will do what it was designed to do (which may or may not be what you would like it to do). In a plain-text-only newsreader, it will simply look ugly.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

I've created text pages left and right with ed and Emacs creating web pages for Mosaic and Netscape. Lot of cut an paste. Now a little more complex. But still text. Tools see it and translate. Just like Gerber - the right tool and ... Or postscript file - I have the manual. Wonderful graphic language set.

Martin Martin Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder

Pete C. wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn