molding plastic parts

I am currently experimenting with making plastic parts via rubber molds for
HO scale building and structures. The results have been encouraging so far.
Does anyone know a website or anyone here that would like to trade their
molded parts for structures for mine? I have molded a couple of buildings
and would be happy to trade for other molded parts and structures.
Reply to
serveyerself
On 5/15/2010 12:34 PM serveyerself spake thus:
Sorry, I don't, but I'm curious about something: have you molded any parts that include brick patterns (like walls)? I'm interested in this process myself; have experimented a little with making molds, with limited success.
Reply to
David Nebenzahl
I will be doing that this week. My molding experience has been with DPM MT Arms hotel where I have made copies of the non-brick sides with an eye to making a larger structure.
Reply to
serveyerself
Please don't top-post. (Post rearranged in logical order.)
On 5/15/2010 5:49 PM serveyerself spake thus:
Interesting. More details, please?
I'm particularly interested to know:
o what kind of plastic resin you're using o how you cast large thin pieces like wall sections o anything about making your own patterns, instead of just copying existing models like the DPM ones you're using
Just to get our terminology straight here: o Pattern: the original piece used to make a mold (the "master") o Mold: the negative form used to make a casting (or to make a mold) o Casting: the replica made by pouring material into a mold, or the act of making the replica
Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Site Timeline