molding plastic parts

I am currently experimenting with making plastic parts via rubber molds for HO scale building and structures. The results have been encouraging so far. Does anyone know a website or anyone here that would like to trade their molded parts for structures for mine? I have molded a couple of buildings and would be happy to trade for other molded parts and structures.

Reply to
serveyerself

On 5/15/2010 12:34 PM serveyerself spake thus:

Sorry, I don't, but I'm curious about something: have you molded any parts that include brick patterns (like walls)? I'm interested in this process myself; have experimented a little with making molds, with limited success.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Reply to
serveyerself

Are you talking about urethane resin parts in RTV molds?

Reply to
Don Stauffer

Please don't top-post. (Post rearranged in logical order.)

On 5/15/2010 5:49 PM serveyerself spake thus:

Interesting. More details, please?

I'm particularly interested to know:

o what kind of plastic resin you're using o how you cast large thin pieces like wall sections o anything about making your own patterns, instead of just copying existing models like the DPM ones you're using

Just to get our terminology straight here: o Pattern: the original piece used to make a mold (the "master") o Mold: the negative form used to make a casting (or to make a mold) o Casting: the replica made by pouring material into a mold, or the act of making the replica

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Reply to
serveyerself