Plastic Granules

Can anyone point me at a source of plastic granules in relatively modest quantities? I'm looking for HDPE and only need about 10 kgs. I can find
sources of it at a ton at a time but don't need that much.
TIA
AWEM
On Thu, 07 Jun 2012 09:28:15 +0100, Andrew Mawson wrote:

If you can't, then searching the usual source for "HDPE rods" throws up an alternative, neatly chopped up in 2 dimensions. Given a shear, the third dimension should be relatively quick for small quantities...
Failing that... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Pacific_Garbage_Patch
- Brian
On Thursday, June 7, 2012 9:28:15 AM UTC+1, Andrew Mawson wrote:

If you want to mould it you could try the regrinders who will be more flexible than the virgin suppliers an alternative is to ask some one who is moulding it and try and scrounge half a bag.
Peter
wrote in message

No I'm making machineable wax, but no doubt reground would be perfectly adequate as I'm using plastic milk bottles at the moment !
AWEM
On Thu, 7 Jun 2012 16:00:38 +0100, "Andrew Mawson"

How are you making machineable wax out of HDPE? What's the process? Is it fairly easy? Thanks, Eric
wrote in message

Melt candle wax, raise temperature to about 130 degC, stir in LDPE/MDPE / HDPE pour into mould
1 part plastic 4 parts candle wax (I actually put 10% styrene in the wax first though not essential) Takes a long time for the plastic to dissolve, and the greater the surface area to volume ratio of the plastic the quicker it will dissolve. I've been using cut up plastic milk bottles. Make sure you don't overheat the melt or it will burst into flames. Absolute tops is 190 degC. Use an ir thermometer frequently. Deep fat fryer is the easiest pot but get one with the elements on the outside of the pan not the inside.
AWEM
On Sat, 9 Jun 2012 15:04:34 +0100, "Andrew Mawson"

Does it make good chips too?
Regards, Tony
"Tony Jeffree" wrote in message

Very chewy with a slight Kipper tang <G>
AWEM
On Sat, 9 Jun 2012 15:04:34 +0100, "Andrew Mawson"

Thanks for the info Andrew. I'm going to try making my own. Probably save a few cutters from destruction. Eric
On Thursday, June 7, 2012 9:28:15 AM UTC+1, Andrew Mawson wrote:

I have cast and machined candle wax with some success, the secret is to put it in the 'fridge to harden it. Peter