Possible contamination

Beware of the post, today's date, "rotary engine -- what's the name". It, or one of the respondents gave my PC a case of diarrhea. The problem seemed to occur when reading the post by spaco.

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

one of the

reading the post by

Thanks, Bob.

dennis in nca

Reply to
rigger

one of the

reading the post by

Spaco's message was clean, I examined the entire message source, it was short and pure text. It did have a link to the motor's name that he mentioned, could possibly be something there.

Of course, I fearlessly opened his messaage since I'm using Linux. The link didn't do anything unusual on my system, either.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

Thanx Jon. And apologies to spaco if I "done him wrong". Something in that post (maybe the OP) was foul enough to trip my protection software.

one of the

reading the post by

Spaco's message was clean, I examined the entire message source, it was short and pure text. It did have a link to the motor's name that he mentioned, could possibly be something there.

Of course, I fearlessly opened his messaage since I'm using Linux. The link didn't do anything unusual on my system, either.

Jon

Reply to
Robert Swinney

post (maybe the OP) was

Depending on how you read mail/newsgroups, ads or other insane assaults on you and your computer, that had nothing to do with the actual message, may have been added by your ISP. I see you are on roadrunner, and using the ghastly hack Outlook Express, the most vulnerable software out there.

I essentially run my own ISP here, and just use Charter as a communication path. I host my own web server, domain name server, mail server, etc. So, nobody messes with my mail at all. That also means I am subject to totally unfiltered SPAM, but I have my own filtering here. it used to work pretty well, but the spammers have figured out how to reduce the effectiveness of filtering. But, at least, I don't get viruses, mail worms, etc. under Linux.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson