problem sourcing steel in Seattle

Just practicing making a Jack Booted Thug Trap. The shit dipped Punjis go in when its the proper time.

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

Just a light drizzle, eh?

Gary

Reply to
Gary Coffman

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 02:49:26 -0400, Gary Coffman calmly ranted:

Isn't "Seattle" a Native American word meaning "40° and raining"?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Speaking of collet closers...You may recall the turret lathe I sent you a pic of? Good thing I did not sell it, been working it steady of late. The bummer is the style of the collet closer.To remove the collet, one must remove 2 screws from a ring on the outside of the spindle tube that terminate in 2 holes in the draw tube. Adjustment for tightness is made with a threaded locking ring on end of draw tube. PITA! Maybe you have something a bit more normal? Like the way the Royal closers are made?

michael

Reply to
michael

Actually I dont remember..sigh..they are starting to blur in my memory. Resend me a picture of the works and the length of the draw tube and Ill see what I can do.

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry

Reply to
Gunner

Mark,

I'll take a digital with the Nikon in a bit and email pic/info a bit later. Subject line: Buckshot's turret.

mike

quit smoking yet?

Reply to
michael

Yeah they are nice there. Last time I went there was for the school. They gave me about 200 lbs of tool steel rems for us to play with as a donation.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

He smokes? After his heart problems?

Shame on you, Mark.

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

Yeah, he copped to it, at a reduced level. But still...

How's the roof? Saturday night. Guess what my evening entertainment is. Was relaying info on good alum price to the source of most of my current workload, he tells me that sounds great, order as much as you want and I'll cover you with purchase orders...

michael

Reply to
michael

If he intends for us to enjoy his company in the future, that's something he's going to have to deal with. Besides, you can buy one hell of a lot of fun stuff with the money saved when you can kick the habit. Keep working on him, Mikey.

Miracle of miracles! Tomorrow we'll install the last four sheets of sheathing and have it covered sufficiently to be waterproof. Not using roofing felt, which is a poor choice for our circumstance (long delay in getting the shingles installed).

After a miserable three week stretch of rain and less than acceptable weather, we were given a reprieve from what appeared to be fall rains, and have been enjoying temps in the low 70's, with sunshine. It will end about the same time the roof is finished. You're talking to one happy camper, especially when I figured we'd not have enough dry time to get it done. Very heavy sigh of relief!

Chuckle! Are you sure you wouldn't prefer the company of something warm and cuddly?

Regardless, it's good to hear you're still busy. Sure a different story from a year ago. What in hell are you going to do with your earnings?

How's Buckshot?

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

There is an old tradition when the roof is on...PARTY!!

And this must mean Susan will be very comfortable when doing her Christmas baking? I would be happy to send pecans, almonds, or whatever else. Let me know how many pounds each and consider it my Xmas gift for you. I have your address, so refusal is disallowed. ;~)

Already got 2. One sleeps nearby on the floor, the other snuggled against my shoulder.

Dunno, have not the time to spend it, let alone contemplate it.

Mr. Personality? Just ask his fanclub. *Everybody* likes him. He is quite the cool pal.

Bedtime for Bonzo..

michael

Standard business hours. I think they mostly deal with larger fabricators, and are happy to get rid of rems to worthy parties. They certainly know more about tool steels than anybody else in Seattle.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

We did a friend's roof, and he underlaid the entire thing with WeatherWatch membrane. Nice idea.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

We're not familiar with that particular product, but we used Defend Ice and Water, which is a phenomenal product. I can't help but believe they might be similar, and they are, indeed, a nice idea. After having experienced roofing felt and all its problems, it would be hard to not use Defend.

I had never been exposed to Defend until I talked to the roofing supply people in Olympia (what the hell do I know? I'm a machinist, not a builder). It's not cheap, but it is worth every dime so far as we're concerned, especially after spending last January dealing with the 21" of snow that fell on our house that had no roof. . We made it through in good shape, but only because of constant attention to the covering, which rested partially on the upper floor trusses and the exterior walls which were not yet up to height. Strange construction (Rastra), not framed, so it might not make sense unless you saw it.

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

Don't think, not even for one moment, that there won't be at least a small one! This is like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and the Great Pumpkin all wrapped up in one, at least for us.

That's blackmail! You know we can't refuse the fixins for baklava. No more than you can refuse the baklava.

I wouldn't be surprised if the boss put a package in the mail to you again this year. She's like that.

Chuckle! Well, that's cool, but not exactly what I had in mind.

Just as I thought. No wonder you're so generous with the offer of nuts. Good for you, bud, you deserve the success.

Can't ask for any more than that.

Now get back to the chip making!

Harold

Reply to