Problems with air conditioner

I think "split" typically refers to a two piece unit of similar size as a typical window unit but with the indoor and outdoor portions separated and connected by refrigerant and control lines in a manner similar to a central air installation. They only service a single point generally, though there are a few models that support several indoor units.

Pete C.

Reply to
Pete C.

By the way, PJ...

"HVAC/R program for Palm PDA's Free demo now available online

" That software looks like the data took quite a bit of compilation by someone who might actually understand the information.

So, intelligent people are supposed to be helpful and courteous. The smart technician knows he'll never actually lose any business by telling "homies" how to do the work. Half of them will screw it up, or it'll be over their heads, and they'll call him back, anyway. The other half wouldn't hire him at any cost, knowing they can muddle through 98% of the problems themselves. So he doesn't lose anything, and might gain a good reference, were he helpful.

It's no big deal to sit for the EPA-608 certificates. It's a big deal to treat people right - both customers and not - all the time, every time.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

That's right.

Sounds great. I printed that page and will read it. Would be great to have a gauge for measuring micron range vacuum. (I have a dial gauge now, would be a big improvement).

Ignoramus18860

Years of Union membership and s*****ng on customers tends to do odd things to the mentally unstable.

Its called a God Complex.

I once saw a HVAC guy arguing with a plumber. fascinating exchange. I learned new words Id never heard before, after a lifetime spent among the invective pros.

Gunner

The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.

In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence, and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years . It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints, and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.

Theodore Dalrymple,

Reply to
Gunner

Reply to
Marc

Since most tv repairmen are no more ( you can buy a new 24 inch tv for

150.00) you now have the hvac repairman to take their place. Pass a simple test, get a set of gauges and recovery pump and a tank of freon and you are in business. It used to be a tube tester and tube caddy.

John

Reply to
john

It's always easy to spot the replies coming from alt.hvac

Reply to
CJT

Replace it.

Reply to
B-Hate-Me

Reply to
Ace

I have not run across any resi equipment that was manufactured after 1993 that *didn't* have a dual run cap for both the compressor and condenser fan. FWIW, the only caps I have found that need to be hung upside down(terminals down) are the blower motor caps on mobile homes. I am *still* waiting on the model and serial numbers on the 1 ton split system.

Reply to
Noon-Air

Gooman's don't have 'start caps' on the fan motor..

Reply to
HeatMan

Gooman doesn't make the capicators!

Reply to
HeatMan

Who was it that was worried about giving advice that could turn out to be lible? Not you.

'What me worry?

Reply to
DIMwit

"Bonus room" and "money is tight" due to "two kids".

Next time use a rubber. In the meantime, don't go up there until it cools off.

Get some skills and get a better paying job.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

My outside unit was buzzing, but it was the BFWN* inside it.

*BFWN = big f****ng wasp nest

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Charge it up and lick the terminals.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Are you Morman too?

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Gooman makes the Goo. use goo gone for sticky situations

Reply to
DIMwit

Wrong. They go that low if you use Mobil 1 10W40 oil in them.

Reply to
Oscar_Lives

Needing to swear constantly without ever being smart enough to provide the slightest bit of intelligence is a good sign of clueless.

Reply to
Owen Hague