Professional paints

I've always just taken my parts to a professional and either powder coated or had them use a 2part Sherwin williams Polane finish.

Both of these are extremely durable.

I'd like to find something (preferably in a one part finish) that along with it's primer, really does the job on some small aluminum parts I'd like to paint myself.

I need durability and durability.

Something like the Polane but more "user friendly"?

Reply to
EBG

You guys might want to check out

if you haven't already. They have a lot of specialty coatings in spray cans, as well as a nice "hobbyist" type powdercoating setup. I use the powdercoating setup and it works great. All you need is an old oven to cure your part in. I got mine at a rummage sale for $5.

Chris

You guys might want to look at

- they seem to be highly regarded in the auto restoration field.....

They have coatings, clearcoats, puttys and fillers, etc.....

Good Hunting !!

Jeff Sellers

Reply to
Jeff Sellers

A popular "rust paint" in Canada is Tremclad. I have a can of clear that I haven't tried yet but I have used the various colours a lot. It is slowdrying, like a week or so, but once fully dry is harder than the hubs of Hell.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

Polane is a snap compared to this one paint (Trimite) we have to use a special job. Painting Stainless Steel doors. You have to spray a primer for the primer. Then the primer, then you get to paint it. Also all of them are 2 part mix.

Mathews has a good paint but it is also 2 part mix.

Glenn G.

Reply to
Glenn

I went ahead and ordered the Polane today....I've never really used it myself but always had the paint shop do it.

I'm wondering though if I can get by with a lower cost primer.....(I use a sparay can "etching" primer that's pretty good). Of course, I'll test and see but sure would like to use a "spray can" primer to avoid separate setups with the paint gun.

What do you think? It's new, plastic covered aluminum.

Reply to
EBG