Sears Professional Drill Driver

The Sears "Professional Drill Driver" continues to offer quick change capability in its keyless chuck by performing the auto loosen function. It does not however, always sense properly when I'm going to want to change bits. In fact it does seem to have a sense of perversity by loosening up and dropping the bit just when I have both hands busy. The wonders of modern technology!!

Reply to
Stuart Fields

How 'Sears' can you get? :)

If you open the chuck all the way and look down the 'barrel', do you see a fastener that will allow you to swap the junky auto-loosen chuck for a proper key-type Jacobs?

Might allow you to limp along till March, when the motor quits.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston