Industry Standard Chuck Smaller than ER8?

Looking for an industry standard chuck style (collet style?) that is smaller in diameter than ER8. Presently, ER8M collets only allow a C-C distance of

13.5MM or 0.532"

Anyone know of a similar tool holding device that gets closer?

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
V8013-R

** Posted from

**

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Dremel tool chuck and collets. Whether or not it's an industry standard is certainly debatable...

Reply to
Jim Stewart

I can't help with an industry standard collet, but if you want to look into creating your own I have a collet design I did for a customer that holds up to .100 diameter tools on .250 centers. It may not be exactly what you're looking for, but should be close enough to get estimates on the price of the collets without having to start from scratch.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Ned,

If you want to shoot me some drawings, I'd love to see them. Might not go to production with them, but if I did, you'd get a % of future sales with that design. :)

Reply to
Joe AutoDrill