Prussian Blue

I just use the Starrett Machinist's dye and Machine pink on cylinder heads the Starrett blue lasts forever.

Rob

This is gonna be fun......

Reply to
RDF

The rumor that WD-40 is kerosene-based has been around a very long time, and I'm surprised at the number of times that that's still stated.

But FWIW, the product was Stoddard solvent when I looked up the MSDS info quite a few years ago.

Stoddard is the reason that it's a reasonably good solvent for cleaning away lots of different types of grime.

WB ......... metalworking projects

Wild_Bill

I GOT HIM!!!! He went to the can wearing shorts and came out with blue rings in his legs. Oh, the fun is just starting... I swabbed his drawer pulls just now.... This should teach the little bastard not to weld my keys into a box. As soon as I can get a free shot at his welding helmet I'm going to hit the sweatband too..... Needless to say I did indeed bring the camera to work today!

Rob

Fraser Competition Engines Chicago, IL.

Reply to
RDF

Sounds like fun.

But a bouncing ball sometimes bounces off someones balls.

Martin

Mart> I GOT HIM!!!! He went to the can wearing shorts and came out with blue rings

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

The US MSDS says:

***************************************** Composition/Information on Ingredients Ingredient CAS# Weight Percent Aliphatic Hydrocarbon 64742-47-8 45-50 64742-48-9 64742-88-7

Petroleum Base Oil 64742-65-0 30-35

LVP Aliphatic Hydrocarbon 64742-47-8 12-18

Non-Hazardous Ingredients Mixture

Reply to
Ned Simmons