Punching Holes in Sheetmetal

"dan" wrote in

We have budgeted some money this summer and fall, and are liquidating some "stuff" to finish our large yard, landscaping, irrigation, plants, fence, concrete, carport structures, and lots of other facets. I believe that I can fit this into the budget now that it is clearly something that can produce the desired results. I settled on HyperTherm from Ernie's comments over time in the welding newsgroup. Now, I'm just trying to decide on size, and I can go with a smaller one, as I have an OA cutting rig, and like that on most thicker stuff. If I get too big a unit, I have to get a bigger compressor, and that's another $1500 or so for a standup.

I'm looking forward to getting one. I usually research a major purchase for a while, then shop price. I don't end up buying something, then dumping it at a loss soon afterward. I tend to overbuy, and it hasn't bitten me like underbuying has. Thanks for your input.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?

Heart Surgery Survival Guide

Reply to
Steve B

EDM comes to mind.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Yeah!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Steve B wrote in rec.crafts.metalworking on Sun, 8 May 2011 08:10:26 -0700:

Definitely over buy. I got the PowerMax30 even though I was getting it for 16 gage sheet metal(16 gage is a bitch to cut with snips). But once you have it, you will find all sorts of uses.

Reply to
dan