ID help, please

I have the larger Victor torch, 315, IIRC. I want the smaller one. Is that the #100? I want the whole shebang, body, cutting torch attachment, and a half dozen tips or so for fine gas work.

Answer here, and e mail me if you have one of these sets for sale. Don't need the gauges or hoses, just torch and attachments.

Go to my site, and go to Contact Us, and you can e mail me there. Don't want to post e mail here.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?

Heart Surgery Survival Guide

Reply to
Steve B

Yes. The #100 is the smaller hobby torch. I love the 315, but it is not a good torch for students.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

"Ernie Leimkuhler" wrote

Do I need to get a 100, or just get a really tiny tip for my 315? I do like the lighter 100 model, and this is for thin cutting and for very light gas welding.

Steve

Heart surgery pending?

Heart Surgery Survival Guide

Reply to
Steve B

I would go for a smaller torch body for thin gas welding. The 315 can go down to a #0 tip, but the handle is still rather large.

You might be able to find an "aircraft" torch. They are smaller than a Victor 100, but larger than a Smith "Little Torch". I have an older Victor model J-28, and it is lovely for jewelry work.

Check the jewelry supply shops online for other small torches.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

I have used a Victor 100C for a lot of welding on thin aircraft tubing and it does a good job. I also have a Smith AW1A which is a little smaller than the 100C and the AW1A is the torch I prefer for thin welds. I have no experience with the Victor 100C for cutting.