Dumb? Question.

I have been using my Miller 212 for a while now. I really like it for aluminum welding. I need more practice welding steel with it. Anyway... Since it's basically a giant DC power supply with some fancy switching between the poles and the guns, could I use it to drive other equipment? A tig torch? DC stick weld? other?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

The 212 is a Mig welder and as such, is a constant voltage power source. Tig and Stick welding require a constant current source. So no, it won't be usable for those processes.

tm

Reply to
tm

It is a constant voltage PS, and TIG and stick require constant current. You can use it to drive DC motors or for derusting.

Ignoramus9529

Hey, an alternative power supply for the Hurco servo drivers. LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Too low voltage, most likely. You need what, 70 volts?

Ignoramus9529

I can probably set it up anywhere from 45 to 90. These servos were used in older machines at 45, but at 90 in this machine. Weird huh?

Reply to
Bob La Londe