Purchased the Leblond

Whadya think ?

is $1500.00 a good price ?

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

I'm jealous. That's less than I spent on my Smithy, and somehow I think it's a much better lathe.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

Assume ways are good, no damaged gears, ect, I think you did just fine. There are three change gears for cutting metric required on the one I use (two missing) did you get them?

Actually, it probably has replaceable ways but I don't want to even think of what the price is for those. It has been < 4 years but we bought a change gear case housing and some of the qc gears after our tool room guy had a really bad day. Unless something has happened in the last 4 years, repair parts are available. Hold on to your wallet though, just like my Clausing.

Also, the tag is obscuring where the drive reverse lever should be on the apron, do you have one?

Assuming all is go on my questions, then you really suck! ;)

Wes

Wes

Most likely it is a good deal.

Ignoramus20864

Even if this is just a basic lathe, it is a good deal. If the condition is good and you have some tooling, you stole it. If it has a taper attachment as well, the guy that sold it for that price is an idiot. Steve

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

I checked ebay and they are trying to get $6-7K for that machine.

Luckliy this one has the metric thread cutting gears, face plate,

3 & 4 Jaw chucks, 5c collet adaptor, aloris tool post with a bunch of holders, taper attachment and original manual. This wasi n a tool & die, mold shop. The owner said they bought it new. Did a couple of test cuts and its a tight machine as one would expect on a machine with hardend ways.

Anyway now i can make some .0001" tolerance candle stick holders for christmas gifts....

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
azotic

You stole it and I HATE YOU.

Ignoramus20864

And post more pictures of this thing...

Ignoramus20864

Tom A nice lathe to have. And with enough tooling to get going. So pricing is good. So just be watchful and soon you will have all you need for it.

When I finally bought my lathe I was tired and fed up with looking. I did not have enough space for it but coupled with being tired of fooling around I threw out a binch of stuff to make room for it. I just sucked up the money thing and did some work for somebody to pay the bill. Don'rt even remember who it was.

Bob AZ

Bob AZ

Reply to
Bob AZ

You definitely suck!

Reply to
Steve Ackman

Tom,

If the lathe has no issues, you did just fine. I'm not a LeBlond fan, but they build a very nice and rugged machine that is very capable of serious work. I've operated a few of them in my years, including a sliding gap bed with 48" swing.

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

Having just read your comments about how the lathe is tooled, quite frankly, you stole it. Good on ya, Tom.

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

This is definitely a gloat. At least you didn't get a steady and follow rest or we would all be suicidal. ;)

Wes

Wes