qestion about images of metal

Does any one know of an online source of ouline drawings of common metal parts in a form like clip art to allow bits to be pasted in drawings?

Reply to
John G

Outline drawings, no. But a large number of components manufacturers have CAD drawings of their parts -- bearings, fasteners, motors, etc.

-- in various CAD formats.

You can scale the CAD (often DXF) drawings, use a freeware program to convert them to a raster format (TIFF, JPEG, etc.) and paste them into your drawings that way, if you want.

If you're drawing in CAD, you're all set.

Here's one to look at:

I don't know anything about them, but it should give you the idea.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

McMaster-Carr

has lots of 2D drawings and 3D models of common hardware items, bearings, fasteners, etc. For example:
You can download free viewers for native Solidworks and Inventor 3D models that allow you to zoom and orient the part to your liking, choose shaded or wireframe views, and print or take screenshots of the screen image.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Ned Simmons submitted this idea :

MMC requires registration which I have now done. Will explore the other 2. Thanks to you and Ed. l-)

Reply to
John G